Irrational Number Line Games, LLC
1. Base colour and a wash is not just a rapid army painting technique.
2. Sometimes you don't need the wash.
3. Sometimes you don't need the base colour.
4. One wall gives you an infinite amount of indoor terrain.
5. One (Welsh) quarry gives you just about every outdoor terrain set you will ever need.
Credit where credit is due - Daivd Tennant was on an interview show (Graham Norton?) or possibly guest hosting a game show (Buzzcocks?) and quickly commented something along the lines of "I've been all around time and the universe. It's surprising how much of it looks like a quarry in Wales."
6. "You can't use those units together" is not a thing.
7. If I said those figures are a Dr. Who villain, you would believe me. If I said those figures are not a Dr. Who villain, you would believe me. Either way, you would look it up.
8. Instead of writing scenarios, you can just take any WWII battle report and replace "Nazis" with "Daleks".
9. Instead of writing scenarios, you can just take any Cold War contingency plan and replace "Godless Commies" with "Cybermen".
10. We would have had ten items on this list, but the BBC budget couldn't afford the last one.
I am a big fan of Dr. Who. My mom made me Tom Baker's scarf from a pattern we got for donating to our local Proletariat Broadcasting System (PBS) station. And painting up these figures and doing conversions is lots of fun.
However, if any hardcore Dr. Who fans were offended by this little bit, I pray they will just let Zygons by Zygons.